In providing our array of financial services to you our esteemed client, Investment One Financial Services Limited (“Investment One”) may obtain your personal information which enables us deliver our products to you through Service Excellence, which is one of the main canons of our business values.
This Policy establishes the guidelines for accessing and usage of the Investment One website. It also details our mode of handling your personal information received through this website, in terms of the permitted purposes, and circumstances under which they may be shared with third parties.
Collecting and Using Information
Personal Information We Collect Online:
During your visit to and use of our website, we obtain your Personal Information, which means personally identifiable information such as information you provide by completing our online forms, surveys, applications or other online fields including name, postal or email addresses, telephone, or mobile numbers, or account numbers.
How We Use Personal Information
Investment One may use your Personal Information in any of the following ways:
- Inform you about important information regarding the website, our products and services which you may be interested in, or in which you are already enrolled, changes to terms, conditions, and policies and/or other administrative information; as well as to respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests;
- Deliver marketing communications that we believe may be of interest to you, including but not limited to adverts or offers relevant to you;
- We also do our best to personalise your experience on the website, which will enable you apply for products or services, such as opening an investment account or other financial products and evaluate your eligibility for such products or services;
- We verify your identity and/or location in order to allow access to your accounts, conduct online transactions and to maintain measures aimed at preventing fraud and protecting the security of your account and Personal Information;
- To entitle you to participate in surveys and other forms of market research, contests and similar promotions and to administer these activities. Some of these activities have additional rules, which may contain additional information about how Personal Information is used and shared;
- To allow you to use some website financial planning tools. Information that you enter into one of these planning tools may be stored for future access and use. You have the option not to save the information;
- To consolidate your financial account information at one online location; understand what product or service may be of interest to you; and present you with offers;
- For business purposes, including data analysis, audits, developing and improving products and services, enhancing the website, identifying usage trends and determining the effectiveness of promotional campaigns;
- For risk control, fraud detection and prevention, to comply with laws and regulations, and to comply with other legal process and law enforcement requirements;
- To allow you to utilize features within our website by granting us access to information from your device.
How Personal Information Is Shared/Disclosed
Investment One will not disclose your Personal Information to anyone outside the Investment One Group without your permission unless:
- We are compelled by law, regulatory authority or a court order to do so.
- We are satisfied that it is in the interest of the public to do so
- We are convinced that it is necessary to protect our rights and interests
- We are convinced it is in your interest to do so
Other Information We Collect Online
Other Information is any information other than Personal Information that does not reveal your specific identity or does not directly relate to an individual, such as browser information, information collected through cookies, pixel tags and other technologies, demographic information, other information provided by you such as your date of birth or household income, and aggregated and de-identified data.
How We Collect and Use Other Information
Investment One and its third-party service providers may collect and use Other Information in various ways, including:
- IP Address: We use IP Addresses for purposes such as calculating website usage levels, helping diagnose server problems, to personalize/tailor your experience while engaging with us online and offline, for compliance and security purposes, for advertising, and administering the website. Your IP Address is a number that is automatically assigned to the device that you are using by your Internet Service Provider (ISP). An IP Address is identified and logged automatically in our server log files whenever a user visits the website, along with the time of the visit and the page(s) that were visited. Collecting IP Addresses is standard practice on the internet and is done automatically by many web sites.
- Your browser or device: Certain information is collected by most browsers and/or through your device, such as your Media Access Control (MAC) address, device type, screen resolution, operating system version and internet browser type and version. Investment One uses this information to ensure it website functions properly, for fraud detection and prevention, and security purposes.
- Using cookies: Cookies are pieces of information stored directly on the device you are using. Cookies allow us to collect information such as browser type, time spent on our website, pages visited, language preferences, and your relationship with us. Cookies we use do not contain or capture unencrypted Personal Information. We use the information for security purposes, to facilitate navigation, to display information more effectively, to personalize/tailor your experience while engaging with us, and to recognize your device to allow your use of our online products and services. We collect statistical information about the usage of the website in order to continually improve the design and functionality, to monitor responses to our advertisements and content, to understand how account holders and visitors use the website and to assist us with resolving questions regarding the website. We also utilize cookies for advertising purposes. You can refuse to accept these cookies and most devices and browsers offer their own privacy settings for cookies. You will need to manage your cookie settings for each device and browser you use. However, if you do not accept these cookies, you may experience some inconvenience in your use of the website and some online products and services.
- Pixel tags, web beacons, and clear GIFs: These may be used in connection with some website pages, downloadable mobile applications and HTML-formatted email messages to measure the effectiveness of our communications, the success of our marketing campaigns, to compile statistics about usage and response rates, to personalize/tailor your experience while engaging with us online and offline, for fraud detection and prevention, for security purposes, for advertising and to assist us in resolving account holders’ questions regarding use of our website.
- Flash objects: As part of our solutions for online authentication, we use Flash objects (sometimes referred to as “Local Shared Objects”) to help us recognise you and your device when you come back to the website. For our pages running Adobe® Flash® content (demos and tutorials with moving content), we use Flash objects to determine your browser type and version of Adobe Flash in order for you to view the content. We do not use Flash objects for any online behavioral advertising purpose. Deleting cookies does not delete Flash objects.
- Aggregated and De-Identified Data: Aggregated and De-identified Data is data that we may create or compile from various sources, including but not limited to accounts and transactions. This information, which does not identify individual account holders, may be used for our business purposes, which may include offering products or services, research, marketing or analysing market trends, and other purposes consistent with applicable laws.
Third-party widgets – we may allow certain widgets (e.g., social share buttons) on our website that enable users to easily share information on another platform, such as a social media platform. The third parties that own these widgets may have access to information about your browsing on pages of our website where these widgets are placed.
How We tailor Adverts:
In order to help make our advertising informative and useful, we may use information about your relationship with us (such as types of accounts, transactional information or location) to help determine which advertisements or offers to present to you.
Online Behavioral Advertising
Investment One and or its advertising service providers may use certain information about your activities on our Sites, such as pages visited and search keywords entered to help determine which of our advertisements or offers may be of interest to you. We limit access and collection of information for specific purposes by advertising service providers. We may use this online information for online and offline advertising.
Advertising on third-party sites and mobile apps
Investment One engages advertising companies to advertise our products and services on sites and mobile apps not affiliated with us. We may use Aggregated and De-identified Data and information provided by you to these third-party sites and mobile apps to select which of our advertisements or offers may appeal to you, display them to you and monitor your responses. Third-party sites and mobile apps are not subject to Investment One Privacy Notices. Please visit the individual sites and mobile apps for additional information on their data and privacy practices and opt-out policies.
Investment One’s Mobile Applications allows you to access your account balances and holdings, make deposits for investment purposes directly into your account or third party account with Investment One on your mobile device. This Notice applies to any Personal Information or Other Information that we may collect through the Applications.
Linking to other sites
We may provide links to third-party sites, such as credit bureaus, service providers or merchants. If you follow links to sites not affiliated or controlled by Investment One, you should review their privacy and security policies and other terms and conditions, as they may be different from those of our website. Investment One does not guarantee and is not responsible for the privacy or security of these sites, including the accuracy, completeness or reliability of their information.
Social media sites
To protect Personal Information from unauthorized access and use, we use security measures that comply with applicable federal and state laws. These measures may include device safeguards and secured files and buildings as well as oversight of our third-party service providers to ensure information remains confidential and secure.
Making sure information is accurate
Keeping your account information accurate and up to date is very important. If your account information is incomplete, inaccurate or not current, please use the Contact Us option on our website, or call or write to us at the telephone numbers or appropriate address for changes listed on your account statements, records, online or other account materials. You can also speak to a customer representative at an any of our branches, your Financial Advisor or account manager.
Protecting children's privacy online
Investment One website is not directed to individuals under the age of thirteen (13), and we request that these individuals do not provide Personal Information through the Site. We do not knowingly collect information from children under 13 without parental consent.
Protecting individual health information
To the extent that we receive, maintain or process an individual’s protected health information, Investment One may disclose that information as authorized by and in accordance with applicable federal and/or state law.
Updates to this Privacy Notice